Picked up a copy of this great LP from the Sanderwick car bootsale. I tend to always buy Tamala Motown LPs if they they aren’t compilations or greatest hit sets. This set me back the grand total of £1.oo and the rare record guide has it priced at £30 .00 which is not bad profit if I ever looked to sell it on.
The record is okay for it’s age with some surface marks and crackle when you play it but then its 43 years old!
“…You’re All I Need is the second studio LP by soul musicians Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell, released in August 1968 on Motown-subsidiary labelTamla Records. Entirely written and produced by Nickolas Ashford and Valerie Simpson (who composed three of the songs on the first Gaye/Terrell duets LP, United), You’re All I Need was recorded throughout 1966 and 1967 and features two Top 10 Billboard Hot 100 hits, “Ain’t Nothing Like the Real Thing” and “You’re All I Need to Get By“. It peaked at #60 on the U.S. Billboard 200 Album Chart. You’re All I Need was the two singers’ final collaboration effort, as Terrell would turn ill following recording, before succumbing to a brain tumor in 1970…”
- “Ain’t Nothing Like the Real Thing” (Nickolas Ashford, Valerie Simpson)
- “Keep On Loving Me Honey” (Ashford, Simpson)
- “You’re All I Need to Get By” (Ashford, Simpson)
- “Baby Doncha Worry” (Johnny Bristol, Jackey Beavers)
- “You Ain’t Livin’ ‘Til You’re Lovin'” (Ashford, Simpson)
- “Give In, You Just Can’t Win” (Harvey Fuqua, Bristol)
- “When Love Comes Knocking At Your Heart” (Fuqua, Bristol, Gladys Knight, Vernon Bullock)
- “Come On and See Me” (Fuqua, Bristol)
- “I Can’t Help But Love You” (Robert Gordy, Thomas Kemp, Marvin Gaye)
- “That’s How It Is (Since You’ve Been Gone)” (Fuqua, Bristol, Bullock)
- “I’ll Never Stop Loving You Baby” (Fuqua, Bristol, Beatrice Verdi)
- “Memory Chest” (Fuqua, Bristol)
For more information –